Children’s Director Wanted
Last month, Dianne Nielsen stepped down as Children’s Director in our church. She has found other ministries that are needing her more. Currently, Kim Tharp is our interim Children’s Director and we are blessed to have someone helping out.
We are looking for a new director for the children’s ministry of our church. First Baptist Church Rockport is accepting applications for a Part-time Children’s Director. Applicant will direct children’s ministry, infancy thru fifth grade. We prefer some educational coursework in a related field of study. A full job description is listed below. Click here to download an application or come by the church office from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm Monday – Friday. Return application and resume by mail or in person to First Baptist Church Rockport, 1515 N. Live Oak St., Rockport, TX 78382.
First Baptist Church
The Children’s Director is a part-time, hourly position and is under the supervision of the Minister of Education and Administration, Personnel Committee, and Pastor of First Baptist Church Rockport. The Children’s Director must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Christian of good character and ethical conduct
- Has a passion and vision for children and their families
- Be able to communicate, plan, delegate, organize and lead effectively
- Promote and support the ministry, mission and goals of First Baptist Church
- A member of FBC Rockport (once hired)
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of children’s ministries, preschool thru sixth
grade, including VBS and Children’s Camp.
- Assist with recruiting, train and evaluate teachers and workers in children’s
- Hire qualified paid preschool workers according to the standards of the Preschool Personnel Policies and The Reducing the Risk Policy and in cooperation with the Minister of Education and Administration, personnel committee and Pastor.
- Keep accurate personnel files of paid preschool workers
- Submit required time sheets for all preschool.
- Coordinate communication with teachers, helpers and the entire congregation.
- Provide leadership, supervision and evaluation for teachers and workers.
- Schedule teachers and workers for their various responsibilities.
- Be able to teach and lead as needed
- Assure that curriculum materials, equipment, and other supplies are available for volunteers.
- Oversee, plan and organize family events
- Lead quarterly teacher meetings to increase the communication and problem solve any concerns.
- Conduct safety and protection policies and procedures along with church office in providing a safe environment for children.
- Build positive relationship with parents.
- Develop ways to receive input and evaluation from parents, teachers, and other
church leaders regarding children’s ministry.
- Participate in the outreach ministry as it relates to children and parents, as
assigned and agreed upon by supervising ministerial staff.
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Provide a monthly Children’s Ministry report to the church council.
- Attend the quarterly church meeting and provide a Children’s Ministry report.
- Submit an annual budget to the Finance Committee for church approval
- Be responsible for insuring that the Child Protection Policies are strictly followed.
Average Church Attendance: 350-450
Average Children Life Group Attendance: 65-70
Hours: 20 per week