Principle Function: The Minister to Students is responsible to the Senior Pastor for all assigned tasks within the church’s ministry to students. He or she will work with Ministerial Staff to help the church accomplish its mission of leading all people to be shaped by the love of Jesus Christ through worshipping, connecting, growing, serving, and reaching.
Job Classification: This position is an exempt (salaried) and full time position. The Minister to Students is considered part of the Ministerial Staff.
Working Relationships: The Minister to Students reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
Training, Experience, and Background:: In all cases training in ministry from an accredited Seminary or Graduate School is desired, but not required.
- Lead in planning to ensure Christian youth experience authentic worship personally, with the youth group, and with the full church body.
- Spend adequate time each week in study and prayer to open God’s word to the youth ministry family and to other groups as God leads.
- Coordinate the leadership of the Youth Worship time on Wednesday nights.
- Coordinate the youth Life Group ministry.
- Plan to ensure youth experience true fellowship in the body of Christ.
- Provide pastoral ministry with the youth ministry family (youth, parents of youth, youth leaders).
- Plan events for parents of youth related to their parenting roles.
- Participate in all staff meetings and retreats.
- Enlist, equip, and support youth ministry teachers and leaders.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate the youth discipleship ministry.
- Plan and implement special events designed to help youth grow in their walk with Christ.
- Train and mentor members of the youth ministry family sensing a call to ministry vocations.
- Provide for personal spiritual growth, times of renewal, and professional development.
- Guide the youth ministry family to define, communicate, and implement its vision for leading all people to be shaped by the love of Christ.
- Develop the annual youth ministry budget proposal and administer that budget as approved by the church.
- Fulfill other responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Share the gospel with lost youth and lost parents on an ongoing basis, both individually and corporately.
- Coordinate an overall youth evangelism strategy for the church, ensure evangelism is a goal of all youth programming, and coordinate continuing training in soul winning for all members of the youth ministry family.
- As God leads and time allows, network with other evangelical youth leaders in the community to support youth in starting and strengthening school campus ministries, and to coordinate events designed to evangelize and disciple youth.
- As allowed by law, minister on the secondary school campuses in the community.
Submit Resume for Consideration via:
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Mail Resume to: First Baptist Church of Rockport, Attn: Youth Pastor Search Committee, 1515 N Live Oak St, Rockport, TX 78382