The church at Antioch sensed that God was leading them to send Barnabas and Saul to the Gentiles as missionaries. They fasted and prayed to discern clearly the Lord’s leading, and then took action in faith and obedience. Every believer should be seeking the Lord about God’s purposes for them, their families, and the church during the global pandemic. We are also seeking the Lord about the ministry of First Baptist Church after the pandemic. Will you join us in prayer each day?
Here are some suggestions on how to pray, perhaps one each day of the week:
- Ask the Lord to lift your head and eyes so you can remain focused on Christ and not be discouraged or stuck in place. Ask God to use your life as an encouragement to others.
- Ask God to reveal Himself to the people of Aransas county. There is a great need in many lives and families for Jesus Christ. Pray that people will come to know and respond in faith to Christ.
- Ask God to provide workers for the ministries of our church during this time.
- There is so much uncertainty in our society about the future. Pray that our church will consistently trust God with the future and know how to make wise and bold decisions.
- Pray for the healing of those who are ill, and that God will renew the strength of the caregivers.
- Pray that God will protect, provide for, and bless our first-responders, medical personnel, community leaders, and our local, state, and federal elected officials.
- Pray that God will bring healing and true reconciliation to families in Aransas county, and to our country as whole. May God’s will be done!